North Ridge Quality Assurance
We know you've been dreaming of your new home for some time now, and knowing that the day fast approaches when the keys will be yours. We want to ensure you're as happy and proud to show it off to your friends and family as we are to show it to you. Our quality assurance team, headed by our inspection guru, Ms.Violet Mah, will go through their 240 point checklist, inspecting your house from top to bottom, making sure that your home is as close to perfection as possible.
Now that we've had a chance to button up the hatches and make your home pass our rigorous inspection, we let you loose on your home to inspect every nook and cranny. After all, two heads are better than one, right? Together with our site superintendent, your sales associate and customer care representative, you note any deficiencies and our team goes to work to furiously get your home ready for the day it becomes yours.
The exciting day has finally come! You are invited to our office to finish signing on the dotted line and you are introduced to our Customer Care coordinator, who will explain our service and warranty process to you. Finally we hand over the keys and you become the proud owner of your new home!
We realize that it takes time to really know your home, and there could be warranty items that have come up. So our Customer Care coordinator will call you to see how you've been settling in, and a service call will be booked with our Service & Warranty technician to go through our checklist with you, inspect warranty issues emailed to our coordinator in advance, and help familiarize you with basic homeowner maintenance.
"I would like to say the two gentleman that came today were amazing. Really helpful, thorough, and easy to deal with. We finished in a timely manner and I left feeling really good, like we covered all areas"
- Sandhill Pointe Homeowner
You've now had plenty of time in your home, and we want to ensure that things are still going good. Our Customer Care coordinator will email you to see if there has been any additional warranty concerns that need our attention. Our service technician will come to your home and go over our homeowner maintenance checklist.
"The service was very excellent! Ed is very professional and extremely knowledgeable. He does not only repair what's broken and walk away. He educates on what Home owners should be doing, as well as how to do them. I find that very helpful. The information he passed on helps me stay on top of the needed regular maintenance and how to get them done and right."
-Harbour Landing Homeowner
1-year anniversary and final inspection
Time has flown! Almost a year has passed since the big day, and we want to discuss with you final warranty issues or concerns, answer questions and handle any required warranty work, as warranty deadlines are fast approaching. Finally, our service technician will make sure you are completely comfortable with basic homeowner maintenance.
1 year Comprehensive Warranty: covers defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from date of occupancy.
2 year Warranty: covers water penetration through the basement or foundation walls, as well as defects in materials or workmanship that result in water penetration into the building envelope.
5 year Saskatchewan New Home Warranty: covers major structural defects.
Conditions not covered under warranty:
It’s important for you to know what is not covered by our warranty so you can be better prepared.
- Defect in materials, design and work supplied by the homeowner.
- Secondary damage caused by defects under warranty, such as property damage and personal injury
- Normal wear and tear.
- Normal shrinkage of materials caused by drying after construction.
- Damage caused by dampness or condensation due to failure by the homeowner to maintain adequate ventilation or proper operation of moisture-producing devices such as humidifiers.
- Damage caused by the homeowner or visitors.
- Alterations, deletions or additions made by the homeowner.
- Settling of land around the building or along utility lines, other than beneath the footings of the building.
- Damage resulting from forces of nature.
- Contractual disputes.
- Damage caused by municipal services or other utilities.
- Surface defects in work and materials not listed on the Certificate of Possession and accepted in writing by the homeowner at the date of possession. Ex.) Painting or flooring chips
- Detached garages, decks, paving stones, patios, sidewalks, driveways and landscaping.
- Unfinished homes. The program does not employ contractors to complete homes or reimburse homeowners for the cost of completing a home in accordance with the Purchase or Sale Agreement. This is the homeowners’ responsibility and should be provided for in the Offer to Purchase Agreement.
- Normal cracking or heaving of concrete floor slabs.
- Repainting or redecorating of the house after drywall repairs.
As a member builder in the Saskatchewan New Home Warranty Program, we are providing assurance that our homes are structurally sound for years to come. For further information on all warranty coverage visit www.nhwp.org